An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the academy at Barnsley Football Club as the Player Care Officer.
Using the football club’s philosophies, you will have the opportunity to lead and deliver appropriate and challenging tasks and activities in helping develop young professional players. You will work within the multidisciplinary team to deliver current and up to date strategies to; enhance an athlete’s ability to perform, prevent injuries and meet the football club’s ambitions to improve. The right candidate should be enthusiastic to want to improve themselves and others around them. Overall, bringing a positive mindset to a challenging, athletic environment.
All applicants must meet the essential criteria on the job specification.
- Previous experience working within policy, planning and implementation that seeks to develop individuals and groups of individuals
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a care and welfare environment ideally with an elite sport environment
- A complete understanding of care and welfare frameworks and other cross-cutting agendas that impact on player/individual care and welfare
- A full understanding and knowledge of reporting processes relating to child protection matters, the use of statutory agencies and authorities that help regulate activities
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant Acts that impact on elite football and respective agendas for safeguarding children and young people and the role of the Local Authority relevant to the protection of children and young people (i.e. safeguarding boards)
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills in addition to enhanced interpersonal and reporting skills relevant to proven successes in professional matters
- An excellent communicator that is able to use a number of communicative platforms to communicate confidential material to selected audiences
- Experience of data management systems, ensuring compliance with Data Protection Legislation and Regulation and other rules and regulations ensuring confidentiality and discretion within sensitive settings
ABOUT THE CLUB
At Barnsley FC, we believe that our success is built upon the strength of our staff. We aim to maintain a dynamic team dedicated to success both on and off the pitch and are currently seeking talented individuals to join us in various positions.
Barnsley Football Club is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Due to the nature of the position, applicants will be in contact with children and we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please apply via the irecruit website using the link below.