THEY THINK IT’S ALL OVER… IT’S NOT YET.
86% of people think homophobic remarks are unacceptable. Now for the other 14%. Lace up to keep it up.
Our Sky Bet League One fixture with Wycombe Wanderers will be our Rainbow Laces dedicated fixture, showing our support at Oakwell in the tenth year of the initiative.
Rainbow imagery will be prevalent throughout Oakwell on Tuesday night, with the corner flags changing to the symbol synonomous with the LGBT+ community - the rainbow flag.
Thanks to your support, we have helped change the game. Polling by Rainbow Laces indicates that, of fans who have seen the campaign:
● 74% now consider LGBTQ+ people part of the sport community
● 68% feel a responsibility to stick up for LGBTQ+ fans of the teams and sports they follow
● 49% believe they are more likely to challenge anti LGBTQ+ language at live sport fixtures
● And 71% think leading sports organisations are taking their responsibility to support LGBTQ+ fans and players more seriously than they were a year ago
For ten years, players, allies and fans have been tying the Rainbow Laces in support of LGBTQ+ equality. But this must-win game isn’t over yet. Large parts of the LGBTQ+ community still can’t be their true selves whilst attending or participating in sporting events.