An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Reds in the Community.
Our charity is looking for a Sports Tutor to deliver outstanding courses which meet learner needs by using a range of diverse teaching and learning strategies, allowing learners to access a comprehensive range of resources and provide comprehensive assessment opportunities.
- To effectively plan and prepare in a timely manner and teach on a range of courses, to mark and assess students’ work including portfolio- based assessments and examinations.
- Planning of schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans, where appropriate and ensuring schemes of work incorporate Equality & Diversity, English, Maths, Differentiation (support, stretch & challenge), Safeguarding, World of Work/Employability, Information & Learning Technologies and wider learning.
- Provide effective teaching, learning and assessment as appropriate, ensuring resource material and teaching is of a high quality and reflects best practice as measured by retention, attendance, success rates, grades and value added.
- Participate in the recruitment of new learners which includes promoting, interviewing, enrolment and induction.
- Deliver a wide range of lessons including study programme specific, tutorial, enrichment, careers/employability, and progression.
- Promote the importance of embedding Maths and English through on-going marking and assessment of maths and English during the programme of study.
- To be responsible for a course/class(es) of study and be the key contact for specified courses for the Awarding body.
- Provide on-going assessment and feedback to learners by setting and marking work which is both relevant and appropriate to the programme of study ensuring learners are prepared for exams and assessments.
- To ensure the local environment, classrooms and learning hubs are maintained to a satisfactory level, ensuring that notice boards and displays are kept up-to-date and any defaults with equipment or furniture are reported promptly to management.
- Maintain accurate and detailed student records including registers, target grades, destination data, monitoring and reviewing progress and producing reports and references.
- To carry out the Internal Verification/Moderation duties as required, overseeing IV procedures and facilitating external verifier visits.
- To ensure that the verification processes meet the requirements of external moderation.
- Contribute to enrichment programmes for learners.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional learning environment.
- Participate in parents’ evenings, open evenings/days, learner recruitment, learner events, award events, conferences and other marketing events.
- To supervise student visits and work placement programmes where appropriate.
- Participate in course teams and other staff meetings and contribute to the management and development of learning/curriculum programmes ensuring the delivery of cost effective and efficient programmes.
- Liaise and work closely with the respective learning mentors to maintain/promote positive achievement, wellbeing, and engagement.
- To develop and build effective relationships with students on a course of study. Network with possible groups to support and be involved with community programme.
- To be flexible in undertaking a variety of roles which meet the business needs of Reds in the Community.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form, which can be downloaded via the link below.
An application pack for guidance and full job specification is also available to download.
The deadline for applications is Friday 30 June.