An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the medical department here at Oakwell.
Job title: Academy Physiotherapist
Responsible to: Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine
Contract: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35+ per week (Involves regular evening and weekends)
Salary: 25k per annum
Barnsley Football Club encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and suitably qualified Physiotherapist to join our medical department, working closely with medical staff, coaches and players.
The successful candidate will be an Academy Physiotherapist, providing medical provision predominantly for academy players across the 9-16 age groups, in addition to assisting with the delivery of the Academy program in the professional development phase. This role will involve working alongside the professional development physiotherapists and management of part-time staff for the Foundation and Youth phases for training and match days.
Candidates must be a HCPC registered Physiotherapist with a desirable postgraduate experience of working in an academy sporting environment.
This role requires a passion for working in sport, flexibility, and willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to build professional relationships.
If you have the specific qualifications, experience, and desired personal attributes to successfully fulfil this role, please ensure that your application details how you would match our requirements. Further information regarding the role, and the personal and professional attributes we require, is contained in the job description and person specification for the role. Any additional information is available on request.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 16 June 2022.
- Academy Manager
- Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine
Essential & Desirable qualifications/pre-requisites
- Have a BSc or MSc pre-reg degree in Physiotherapy
- Must have full and in-date membership/Registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- First aid certificate
- Safeguarding children certificate
- Experience of working with athletes and/or paediatrics
- Clear, enhanced DBS check
- Must hold a full valid driver’s license
- FA Basic or Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football qualification
- Competent in the use of IT software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PMA
- Experience of working as a Physiotherapist within a sporting environment
- Knowledge of EPPP
- To assist the Academy Physiotherapists in developing the Academy’s Physiotherapy department in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the EPPP
- Manage and oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of injured Academy players (U9-16s) and assist in the management of the U18s injuries when required.
- Provide training and match day cover (evenings and weekends as required)
- Support the Academy injury audit
- Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/HCPC standards
- Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injury medical records and performance clock during rehabilitation
- To undertake regular CPD
- Pitch side emergency first aid for U9-16s games/training in conjunction with part-time staff
- Management of the U9-16s injured players
- Provide high quality evidence based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for all injured players using a range of equipment and facilities
- Monitor and manage injured players training loads in conjunction with sport science
- Ensure all return to play objective measures are met before passing player fit to train/referring on to sport science
- Liaise with the appropriate coaches and sport science with regards to the U9-16s squads
- Liaise with the club Doctor about matters regarding ill/injured players and ensure approval is gained prior to arranging further investigations
- Liaise with medical services at national level regarding on-going assessment, treatment and medical status of our players
- Maintain an injury audit and present monthly findings to the Professional Development Academy Physiotherapist and coaching staff
- Implement medical screening to Academy players and create injury prevention plans based on these findings
- Ensure all medical equipment is in working order/in-date
- Provide an holistic approach to the management of injuries, referring to a variety of MDT when appropriate
- To assist in arranging cardiac screenings on an annual basis for Academy players
- Liaise with Parents, GPs, Consultants and Schools regarding the management of injuries
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is committed to achieving agreed objectives
- Effective at preparing, planning and implementing workloads and schedules
- A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual
- Proactive decision maker with excellent communication skills
- Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work and maintaining standards
- Is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
- Displays a high level of confidentiality
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Understands and implements Health & Safety and Safeguarding principles and practices