If you are a 21/22 member and are impacted by the immediate West Stand closure, please see the below.
With the history associated to this stand, in addition to the knowledge that a number of supporters have sat here for consecutive seasons, the Club appreciates both the emotional and practical problems this decision brings.
The judgement taken by the Club is based on a structural report and a number of West Stand specific crowd management challenges. Whilst this inconveniences close to 1,000 supporters, the welfare of fans and staff is the Club’s overriding priority.
You paid for your seasonal seat and now we are telling you that you are unable to access it. However, we have worked diligently and considered a number of options. Instead of your seat, please see the two options below:
- Relocate To Another Stand
- Despite the West Stand closure, Oakwell still has enough seats in the Investment Room East Stand and C.K.Beckett South Stand to house displaced supporters. If this move means that you have overpaid for your new seat, the difference in price will be refunded, if you so wish.
- Your choice of seat does not need to be final. If you do not like your new view, our friendly Box Office team will be more than happy to provide solutions either in person or over the phone.
- If the West Stand is to re-open, those that opt to move will be given the opportunity to retain their seat.
- Monday – Saturday*, we will make the stadium bowl open to all supporters, showcasing the best available seats in relevant areas.
- Please call the Box Office (01226 211 183) or visit in person and a member of the team will be happy to assist you.
- 21/22 Part Refund
- If you do not wish to move your seat and would prefer a part refund for the remainder of the 21/22 season, you are entitled to. Please call the Box Office (01226 211 183) and a member of the team will be happy to assist you.
Please note that all impacted individuals have been directly contacted. Ambulant disabled supporters and those over the age of 75, seated in the West Stand, will receive a phone call from the Box Office in the coming days to ensure any mobility specific seating requirements are addressed.
In order to exchange seats, general ticket purchases for upcoming home fixtures have been halted until 12 October 2021.
With safety being of paramount importance to the Club, this position will remain under review with updates provided accordingly.
The Club would like to apologise for the inconvenience.
*Box Office & Red Superstore opening times
Monday/Friday: 9am – 4pm
Saturday: 9am – 12pm