Barnsley Football Club is hiring an Academy Lead Goalkeeper Coach.
Please see below the job descriptions and criteria for the role.
ACADEMY LEAD GOALKEEPER COACH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the academy at Barnsley Football Club as the Academy Lead Goalkeeper Coach. Using the football club’s philosophies, you will have the opportunity to lead and deliver appropriate and challenging tasks and activities in helping develop young professional Goalkeepers. You will work close within the multidisciplinary team to deliver current and up to date strategies to; enhance an athlete’s ability to perform, prevent injuries and meet the football club’s ambitions to improve. The right candidate should be enthusiastic to want to improve themselves and others around them. Overall, bringing a positive mindset to a challenging, athletic environment.
All applicants must meet the essential criteria on the job specification.
Closing date: 31st August 2021 | Interview Dates: 6th – 9th September 2021
Barnsley Football Club is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Due to the nature of the position applicants, will be in contact with children and we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If interested, please send the below listed documents to BFC Academy at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to position: ALGK
- Cover Sheet (click to download)
- Covering Letter
Reporting to: Academy Manager/First Team Goalkeeper Coach
Hours: Full time in accordance with Academy training and fixture schedule. Due to the nature of the post, evening and weekend work will be required.
- Up to date UEFA B Licence
- Up to date FA Goalkeeping Coaching B Licence.
- FA Youth Awards (Modules 1, 2 and 3)
- Current DBS certification (Enhanced)
- Current Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop Certification
- Member of FA Licence Club (current and up to date including CPD hours)
- Experience of working in the PDP, YDP and FP phases
- Working toward FA Advanced Youth Award and achieved by the end of 2021/22 season (evidence needed of enrolment on course)
- Competent in the use of the Performance Management Application toolkit
- Familiar with and experience of Athlete Monitoring Software
- Reporting to the Senior PDP; Head of Academy Coaching and 1st team GK coach on all aspects relating to individual and squad development with regard to Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Liaising with the Senior PDP and the first-team Head Coach and contributing to The Technical Board and the Academy Management Team in identifying appropriate and club pathways into the first team environment
- Liaising with the Head of Academy Coaching and creating and implementing on a day-to-day basis the GK Coaching Curriculum for the FP, YDP and PDP
- Manage the transition of Academy goalkeepers between age groups and development phases and on and into to the Club’s senior squad in accordance with the Club’s coaching and playing philosophies
- Contribute to the Multi-disciplinary reviews of Academy goalkeepers in the
- FP, YDP and PDP including the application of Sport Science methods and Individual Learning Plans
- Attend the Games Programme and work and guide goalkeepers in pre and post-match preparation and analysis
Deliver the Academy Goalkeeping Coaching curriculum across all development phases including:
- Align the Goalkeeping coaching, game and playing philosophies with first-team activities ensuring smooth transitions via player pathways
- Implement a transitional model that creates, monitors and tracks Goalkeepers that move through the player pathway
- Contribute to Goalkeeper profiling that identifies player traits and characteristics applicable to development outcomes
- Develop Goalkeeper competencies within technical, tactical, psychological, physiological and social aspects of learning through individualised learning plans
- Create, develop and implement Goalkeeping strategies that align with the whole-club approach for both development and competitive fixtures
- Upload detailed Goalkeeper information into the PMA’s Performance Clock in line with Premier and Football League benchmark requirements
- Generate individualised learning plans, objectives and outcomes within a multi-disciplinary approach
- Divide, segment and create learning blocks and periodisation that relate to macro, meso and micro delivery cycles that support player learning
- Ensure effective match preparation and attention to detail is planned in advance with measurable objectives forming part of the planning
- Build performance analysis within evaluative and reflective practices that supports improvement planning and feedback processes for both training models and games
- Effectively manage the ‘working week’ with regard to training models, the integration of sport science, Goalkeeper specific sessions and transition between age-groups and phases
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is committed to achieving agreed objectives within Elite Performance Player Planning
- Effective at preparing, planning and implementing coaching curriculums and schedules that are aligned with whole-club objectives for producing young talented football players
- A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual that is able to relate to young people engaged in player pathways within a mentoring and supportive role
- Proactive decision maker with excellent communication skills that is able to effectively communicate across all departments within a multi-disciplinary approach
- Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work and maintaining standards in line with the responsiveness needed for delivering against the club’s football objectives
- Is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement that identifies improvement strategies to both support coaching, game understanding and player development
- Displays a high level of confidentiality and is able to contribute to senior management activities and meetings in a professional manner and fully participates in club activities that support the profiling of the club
- Accurate reporting and attention to detail in both written and verbal communication and able to represent the club professionally and competently at all times
- Displays a deep knowledge and experience of coaching and games and is able to transfer and communicate information in an informative and constructive manner
- Understands the importance about Health & Safety principles and practice and safeguarding in supporting young people through their football-related pathway