To all NHS and ‘key’ workers, we are with you.
In these dark and difficult times, many families are facing uncertainties and challenges through no fault of their own, yet despite that, NHS staff and key workers lead the fight against Coronavirus.
As a football club, we are indebted to all who are working on the frontline during this pandemic, tackling the virus head on.
Thousands of Reds fans, who have supported the Club through thick and thin, fall into this category. Now it is our turn to support you.
To thank you for your dedication, sacrifice and bravery, we want to provide something for you to ‘look forward to’, once normality resumes.
We will set aside 6,000 complimentary tickets for key workers in our local community to access throughout the remainder of 2019/20 Sky Bet Championship season and into the 2020/21 campaign. Details and logistics as to how these tickets can be claimed will be shared in the coming days.
Also, for 24 hours, from 8pm on Thursday, we are turning our digital channels blue, to showcase the wonderful work that is currently being undertaken, whilst simultaneously raising awareness of how the general public can continue to help the national cause.
Members of the public can sign up quickly and easily at goodsamapp.org/NHS to become NHS Volunteer Responders, and can be called on to do simple but vital tasks such as:
- delivering medicines from pharmacies;
- driving patients to appointments;
- bringing them home from hospital;
- or making regular phone calls to check on people isolating at home.
Those who are unable to help, we plead with you to stay at home.
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
- You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
All at Oakwell urge individuals that must stay home, to do so, and thank those key workers continuing to provide vital aid and support.