Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

REPORT: Bristol Rovers 2-1 Barnsley

4 May 2019

Match Reports

REPORT: Bristol Rovers 2-1 Barnsley

4 May 2019

Daniel Stendel made one change from last weekend's victory over Blackpool with Kieffer Moore replacing the injured Jacob Brown in the final starting 11 of the season.

Although the home side threatened early on, the Reds found themselves in front on 12 minutes. A great ball in to the box by Cameron McGeehan was first met by Mamadou Thiam but his header was well saved. Kieffer Moore followed up with a header to score his first goal since his return from injury.

The home side continued to press however as they looked to spoil the promotion party. A good ball in from the right-hand side forced Ethan Pinnock to intercept before Sercombe’s well hit half volley drifted narrowly wide of the goal.

Despite defending well for much of the first half, Liam Lindsay picked up a yellow card 10 minutes before the break after brining down Alex Rodman on the half way line as Bristol looked to break.

Shortly before the break it was Rodman again causing problems for Barnsley. The attacker put Lindsay under pressure and drew a foul, the referee then produced a second yellow card and the Reds were down to 10 men.

Half Time: Bristol Rovers 0-1 Reds

Daniel Stendel made a double change during the break as he looked to reshuffle following the red card. Zeki Fryers and Dimitri Cavaré replaced Moore and Thiam.

The home side attempted to make the most of their one-man advantage and would have levelled had it not been for the brilliance of Adam Davies who pulled off a superb double save to deny an equalizer.

The pressure eventually told however as Davies kept out Rodman’s first effort but was helpless as the second attempt was lashed in to the back of the net.

After weathering a storm following the equalizer, the Reds managed to slow the game down and get on top, with Woodrow twice flsashing efforts just wide.

But the hosts won in injury time as Rodman fired home unmarked at the back stick following a counter raid.

Full Time: Bristol Rovers 1-1 Reds

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account