We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Sports Science department here at Oakwell...
Job Title: First Team Sports Scientist
Reporting to: Head of Sports Science
Employer: Barnsley Football Club
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Closing date: 12/06/2019
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
Essential & Desirable qualifications/pre-requisites
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science (or other relevant discipline) from a recognised university.
• A track record of designing and delivering both gym and field-based athletic development programmes.
• Relevant experience as a Sports Scientist/ Strength & Conditioning Coach within elite sport.
• Ability to coach and positively interact with large groups and individual athletes.
• A sound understanding of scientific literature.
• Competent in the use of IT software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint/Keynote.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Clear, enhanced DBS check.
• Master’s degree in Sports Science/ Strength and Conditioning (or other relevant discipline).
• Relevant professional qualifications/accreditation (e.g. UKSCA, BASES, NSCA, etc.).
• 2 or more years experience within professional sport.
• Experience of working with GPS to guide physical development.
• Experience of collecting and interpreting athlete testing and wellbeing data.
• To assist in the delivery of physical development sessions with the First Team Squad.
• Implement appropriate and effective physical testing and monitoring.
• To assist in the management of the rehabilitation and return to play process.
• To engage in all Sports Science and Medicine CPD activities.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and is passionate about athletic development.
• Proactive decision maker with excellent communication skills.
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work and maintaining standards.
• Is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
• Able to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: Luke.Dopson@barnsleyfc.co.uk with the job title in the subject heading.
Successful candidates will be contacted by 14th June 2019 and instructed on the interview process.