We have an exciting opportunity to work within our medical department here at Oakwell...
Job title: Academy Physiotherapist
Employer: Barnsley Football Club
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Closing date: 16/06/2019
Contract type: Permanent (Full time)
• Academy Manager
• Head of Physiotherapist/ Club Doctor
• Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Essential Qualifications/ Pre-requisites:
• BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy
• Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Current ATMMiF or equivalent qualification i.e. level 5
• Experience of working as a Physiotherapist within an elite sporting environment
• Clear, enhanced DBS check
• Full valid driver’s license
• MSc or studying towards
• Competent in the use of IT software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint/ Keynote
• Experience of working within a leadership/managerial role.
• Experience of working within a professional football club and/or academy physiotherapist
• Working knowledge of EPPP
• To work alongside the Senior Academy Physiotherapist to aid the delivery on sports medicine within the academy.
• To help develop the Academy Physiotherapy Department in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the EPPP
• To help manage and oversee the part-time Academy Physiotherapists
• Manage and oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of injured academy players (U9 – U18)
• To take part in in-service training for part-time physiotherapists
• Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/ HCPC standards
• Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation.
• Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
• To undertake regular CPD
• Provide a physiotherapy service for the U9 – U18 age group
- Pitch-side emergency first aid for games/training
- Daily management of injured players
- Provide evidence-based assessment/exercise prescription/manual therapy/ electrotherapy for all injured players using a range of equipment and facilities.
- Provide treatments as and when required for all players
- Monitor and manage injured players training loads working alongside sports science staff.
- Ensure ‘all return to play’ objective measures are met before passing player fit to train/referring to sport science staff
- Liaise with the appropriate coaches and sports science staff with regards to the U18 squad, on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the Club Doctor regarding ill/injured players/medicals for new signings and ensure approval is gained prior to arranging further investigations.
- Liaise with the medical services at national level regarding ongoing assessment, treatment and medical status of players.
- Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/HCPC standards
- Maintain an injury audit and present monthly findings to academy manager
- Provide an annual medical screen to all players
- Provide appropriate injury prevention exercises to those with previous injuries or medical screening issues.
- Ensure all medical equipment is in working order/in date
- Provide a holistic approach to the management of injures, referring to sport psychology/ variety of MDT when appropriate.
- To arrange annual cardiac screening for the first-year scholars
- Ensure all players have completed a medical questionnaire and have given consent/ parental consent to physiotherapy input.
- Ensure the appropriate cover is provided for the U9 – U16 training, physiotherapy clinics and games and liaise with appropriate staff.
- Take part in covering evening and weekend/training clinic/ games programme
• To assist the Senior Academy Physiotherapist and First Team Physiotherapist with the U23 and the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required.
• To provide support for the First Team Physiotherapist when required for training/ match days.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and is committed to achieving agreed objectives.
• Effective at preparing, planning and implementing workloads and schedules.
• A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
• Proactive decision maker with excellent communication skills.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work and maintaining standard.
• Is receptive to feedback about own behavior, strengths and areas for improvement.
• Displays high levels of confidentiality.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Strong character
• Understands Health and Safety principles and practices and adheres to the Club’s Safeguarding policy and practices.
• Supports equality and values diversity and recognizes people’s rights in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures ensuring all legal obligations are met.
How to apply:
i) All online via email by responding and sending to named contact (see below)
ii) Email the named contact, then complete the Cover Sheet form (click here), which should then be attached to 1 x A4-size one-page cover letter & 1 x A4-size one-page CV (please provide all completed documents in one Pdf document and email to named contact – see below)
iii) Please include Reference: AP002 within your cover letter and email correspondence
iv) Please ensure that two named referees are within your application (one being your current/most recent employer)
Named Contact to send application:
Dawn Ranshaw, Academy Secretary
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: 01226 215 123