We can now pass on important information from Barnsley Council regards the pedestrian crossing at Jumble Lane.
Supporters and those using the town centre are advised of changes to the Jumble Lane crossing for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons until the new Market Gate Bridge is installed.
When the crossing was closed in March 2019, a temporary bridge was erected over it. However, that bridge will now be closed for an hour before kick-off, during the match and an hour after each home game until further notice to support the safety of fans and other users. This is subject to change based on individual matches.
The alternative walking routes include:
- Midland Street, Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
- Kendray Street, Mayday Green, Cheapside, Wesley Street, Lambra Road, Pontefract Road, Grove Street
There will be no access for supporters via the Alhambra Centre.
As part of the operation, the following changes will be in place at Barnsley Interchange:
- There will be no access through the Interchange, where the bridge will be closed except for those with access needs.
- Access to and from the bus station will be via Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
- Access to the Interchange from Schwäbisch Gmünd Way will be for access to the railway station only, including being open for fans travelling to and from the game by rail.
- The existing temporary accessible route via Schwäbisch Gmünd Way and the transport interchange is available for those with access needs.
Supporters are reminded to use the designated and installed crossing points on the roads for their own safety and the safety of other match-going fans.
Wheelchair users or supporters with pushchairs are advised to use the pavement/footway on the Court House side of Eldon Street during peak times to avoid congestion.
Market Gate Bridge will link the existing public transport and the Market Gate car park to The Glass Works as part of the redevelopment of Barnsley town centre. It will be fully accessible and will accommodate footfall on matchdays.
Barnsley Council, Barnsley FC and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.