An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time physiotherapist within the Reds Academy.
Barnsley FC is a Championship Professional Football Club which operate a Category 2 Academy. Barnsley Football Club are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Physiotherapist to support the current Physiotherapists in providing medical care focusing primarily on Academy footballers aged U9-18 years of age. In addition, there may be occasions when the candidate is required to help with the Club’s Under-23s and First Team squads.
As an Academy Physiotherapist you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of Academy footballers. This will include the designing and implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programmes. You will also be required to cover First Aid for a variety of Academy games. You will be responsible directly to the Senior Academy Physiotherapist and in turn the Head of Physiotherapy and Club Doctor/Academy Manager.
Main Duties to include:
- To be involved in all matters of medical care for school-boys and Scholarship footballers at the Club.
- Be responsible for securely maintaining medical records for Academy footballers.
- Maintain Academy auditing systems.
- Attend meetings and training courses on a regular basis as directed to do so by senior members of staff.
- Have close collaboration with sports science, coaching staff and other team members and company employees. This will be to aid in the development of footballers and meet the medical needs of footballers (especially when returning from injury).
- Participate and maintain Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid skills.
- Be in attendance at home and away games and relevant training sessions. This will mean that you will be required to work evenings and weekends at the discretion of the Senior Academy Physiotherapist/Academy Manager.
- When requested by the Head of Physiotherapy and/or Academy Senior Physiotherapist you shall assist with the medical provision of the Under-23s and if necessary, the First Team squad members.
- Ensure safeguarding regulation and protocols are maintained.
- To ensure the Academy meets EPPP requirements for Category 2 status.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy.
- Have undertaken MSK work in a sports environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- All Applicants must be a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and registered with the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC).
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- AREA/ATMMIF First aid qualification or equivalent
- Safeguarding for children in sport
- Knowledge of EPPP
- Competent in the use of Excel word and power point
Salary: Discussed at interview
Closing date for application 06 August 2017
Interviews to be held week commencing 14 August 17
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com