With Wembley Tickets due to go on sale on Monday 15th February, we are pleased to provide detailed answers to a number of queries sent in by Reds Supporters.
Why do we have to pay a booking fee online for Wembley tickets when normally there are no booking fees?
Due to the anticipated volume of ticket sales for our upcoming game at Wembley, Barnsley Football Club will work with our ticketing partner Ticketmaster to process and fulfil supporter ticket sales. The mandatory booking fees are added by our ticketing partner Ticketmaster, as they are processing all Barnsley FC Wembley tickets orders. Normally when you book tickets online there are no fees – this is because we process the orders ourselves at Oakwell using our own Club employees. This is not the case for Wembley tickets considering the demand for tickets and the need to use the services and support from Ticketmaster. The ticket booking charge is £2.40 per ticket ordered. The postage fee of £2.40 is per order/envelope, not per ticket. Please note that there is no option to collect your tickets from Oakwell Stadium. Tickets will be posted out direct to you from the Ticketmaster despatch centre in Manchester within 3 working days of the tickets being ordered. Orders placed by international-based supporters will be left for collection from the Wembley Box Office / Ticket Collection point at Wembley Stadium on the day of the game (open from 10:30am).
I’m a 2015/16 Season Pass Holder and I plan to order my tickets online during the ‘Priority’ sales period (from 8am on Monday 15th February). How can I ensure that my online account is set up correctly to buy tickets?
Purchasing online is by far the easiest way to purchase your Wembley tickets. To ensure that your account is set up correctly and ready to purchase tickets as soon as the ‘Priority’ window opens, simply follow the instructions below:
• Firstly visit www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/tickets to access the Barnsley FC online ticket office.
• If you've already got an existing online ticketing account which is linked to your Season Pass, access your account by clicking on ‘SIGN IN’ which is located in the top right of the screen. Enter your e-mail address and password to access your account. If you have lost or forgotten your password, simply click on the ‘forgot your login details?’ option to reset your password. Your unique client reference number will be shown in the top right of the screen and this should match that shown on your Season Pass. To confirm that your account is set up correctly, on the right hand side of the tickets homepage it will state ‘Current Season Ticket Holder’.
• If you are a 2015/16 Season Pass Holder and don't already have an online ticketing account which is linked to your Season Pass, you can easily do this by clicking on the ‘Have an existing account? Activate it now’ option. Simply enter your client reference number (which can be found on your Season Pass) and then complete the relevant fields to create an account. You will then have an online ticket account which is linked to your Season Pass and will be able to purchase tickets during the ‘priority’ window.
• If you plan to purchase tickets for more than one Season Pass (for example, 8 tickets using 2 season passes), you can add the additional Season Passes to your online account by using the ‘My Network’ function and entering the relevant client reference numbers. Please see the questions below for further guidance on buying tickets for more than one Season Pass holder.
• If you are having any issues accessing your online account, please telephone the BFC Box Office team on 01226 211 183 who will be happy to assist with any questions that you may have.
• Non Season Pass Holders who don't have an online ticketing account can simply click on ‘REGISTER’ which is located in the top right of the screen. You will then be able to purchase tickets online during the ‘General Sale’ period (from 8am on Thursday 18th February).
We have several 2015/16 Season Passes and all want to sit together, is this possible?
Yes. During the ‘Priority’ window as long as you have enough Season Pass client reference numbers to cover the number of tickets required, (for example, one Season Pass for every 4 tickets that you require), then you can order as many tickets as you like in one transaction so that you can all be seated together. If you are booking your tickets by telephone, simply quote the Season Pass client reference numbers to the operator who will then be able to allocate the required number of tickets to each Season Pass. For online orders please see the next question.
Can we order tickets online for more than one Season Pass Holder?
Yes. You can buy tickets for several Season Pass holders all at once so that you can all sit together. This is done by simply adding them to your online network. Firstly log into, or activate, your own online Season Pass account. If you are a Season Pass holder don’t already have an online ticket account, please DO NOT create a new account as you won't be recognised as a Season Pass holder. As detailed above, to activate your account click the ‘Register’ link which is situated at the top right of the screen. Do not enter an email address and password. You need to click the red ‘Activate My Account’ link which will then prompt you to enter your client reference number (found on your Season Pass) and surname. Fill in any missing fields, create a password and save. When you are logged in correctly your name will be displayed at the top of the screen with your client reference number in brackets. This number should match the client reference number shown on your Season Pass.
Click on where your name is displayed to take you to the 'My Account' section and then click on 'My Network' which is a blue globe symbol towards the bottom right of the screen. Select ‘search for an existing user’ and enter the surname and client reference number of the Season Pass holder you wish to add to your network. You can add as many Season Pass holders as you like - there is no limit to the number of people you can add to your network. Season Pass holders do not have to activate their own account in order for you to add them to your network.
Then when you go to buy tickets simply select the number of tickets that you want to purchase (limited to 4 per Season Pass in the ‘priority’ window) and then you will be prompted to 'assign' tickets to each person in your network once you reach the 'My Basket' stage.
If you are having any issues accessing your online account, please telephone the BFC Box Office team on 01226 211 183 who will be happy to assist with any questions that you may have.
Can I choose a specific seat at Wembley?
You will not be able to choose a specific seat but you will be able to specify which numbered block you wish to sit in and select which price band within your chosen block you require. Tickets will be allocated on a 'best available' basis as determined by Wembley Stadium. Not all blocks will be available from the first day of sale as we have been given a selling order as instructed by Wembley Stadium. Tickets in the upper tier (level 5) will only be released once the relevant categories in levels 1 and 2 are full. You can see the view from each block at Wembley Stadium by clicking here
What are the concession categories and why do they differ from those offered at Oakwell?
Each football club and stadium set their own age related concession categories. The junior age limit as set by Wembley Stadium is anyone aged 6 months to 16 years inclusive. The senior concession rate was at the club's discretion. We are aware that Oxford United have set their rate at over 65 but we chose to set ours at over 60 in order to accommodate our Season Pass holders who qualified at 60. Anyone aged 17-59 will require an adult priced ticket.
Can I buy adult tickets using a Juvenile or Senior Season Pass?
Yes. All Season Pass holders are entitled to buy 4 Wembley tickets regardless of which category Season Pass they have. The tickets purchased do not all have to be in the same category as the Season Pass holder. For example, a Senior Season Pass holder could purchase 1 senior, 2 adults and a juvenile ticket.
Why have we been allocated 25,000 tickets yet Oxford United have been allocated 40,000?
We asked for an initial printed allocation of 25,000 tickets based on previous requirements for our visits to Wembley Stadium. We are not limited to 25,000 tickets and can apply for up to 40,000 tickets if they are required. We felt that it was not necessary to request the full allocation of tickets in the first print batch given the ease and flexibility to order more tickets as and when they are required. Wembley Stadium can turn around 10,000 tickets in a day so we won’t be waiting for tickets should we need more.
The maximum number of tickets I can purchase during the General Sale period is 9. What do I do if I want to order more than 9 tickets and get them seated together?
The number of tickets any individual is able to order in one transaction is 9. This is the total permitted number of tickets which can be allocated to one individual supporter. However, ordering more than 9 tickets can be done easily by allocating tickets to more than one individual. For example if you wish to purchase 15 tickets and get these sat together, 9 tickets can be allocated to one supporter with the remaining 6 tickets allocated to another supporter. In this instance you would just need to give the details of two supporters when ordering the tickets. If you require 25 tickets, you would need to allocate these tickets to 3 supporters, and so on. To order more than 9 tickets sat together, simply telephone our Wembley tickets hotline on 08442 485 141 (once tickets are on sale) and our dedicated team will be happy to assist with your ticket requirements.
What dates are tickets on sale?
PRIORITY: 2015/16 Season Pass Holders and Seasonal Executive Members - 4 tickets per Season Pass / Membership. Tickets on sale online from 8am on Monday 15th February 2016. Telephone lines open at 12pm midday.
GENERAL SALE: Tickets on sale online from 8am on Thursday 18th February 2016. Telephone lines open at 9am.
How do I buy my tickets?
There are two ways for Barnsley supporters to purchase tickets for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final, as follows:
• Online atwww.barnsleyfc.co.uk/tickets. To buy tickets please login using your existing account information or simply create a new account. If you are a 2015/16 Season Pass Holder creating a new account, please use the ‘activate my account’ option.
• By telephoning our dedicated Wembley tickets hotline on 08442 485 141. Tickets can be purchased 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-6pm Saturday and Sunday. Calls to this number are charged at 10p per minute.
Please note that with the exception of disabled and visually impaired supporters, tickets will not be available to purchase in person from the Reds Superstore or BFC Box Office. Match tickets can only be purchased online or via the telephone number shown above.
Where can I find further information on Wembley tickets including prices, categories, on sale dates and coach travel?
Please download our detailed Wembley Tickets Information Pack by clicking here