Black armbands will be worn, a minute’s applause will be observed and other activities will take place to celebrate the life of Club legend Norman Rimmington.Following discussions with Norman’s family, and in line with their wishes, we can now confirm that the following activities will take place over the coming days to celebrate his life and say thank you for his commitment and dedication to the Club.
- As a mark of respect, all Barnsley FC players will wear black armbands for our game against Birmingham City at Oakwell on New Year’s Eve.
- Ahead of kick-off, a minute’s applause will be held to remember Rimmo and celebrate his life. The players will be joined on the pitch by members of Norman’s family.
- For fans wishing to pay their respects by laying flowers at Oakwell, an area has now been designated in front of the South Stand (to the left of the Reds Superstore) where they can be placed.
- A book of condolence will be opened up in the Reds Superstore from Tuesday 3rd January, where fans will have the opportunity to sign and leave messages.
- The Club have commissioned a very special edition matchday programme for the Leeds United game which will take place here at Oakwell on Saturday 21st January. This commemorative, bigger edition programme will be dedicated to the life of Rimmo, with various people from the world of football paying tribute to the Reds legend. Fans are invited to send us their thoughts and memories of Rimmo for inclusion, therefore if you would like to be included in the special edition programme please e-mail email@example.com and the best messages will be included.
We look forward to seeing you at Oakwell on New Year’s Eve as we celebrate the life of a true Barnsley Football Club legend.