Network Rail is working to improve South Yorkshire’s railway throughout August as part of their Railway Upgrade Plan to provide more reliable journeys for passengers.
Trains will not call at Barnsley on 20 - 21 August and at Rotherham Central on 21, 27 - 29 August 2016.
Jumble Lane (Kendray St) in Barnsley will also be closed between Friday 19 August and Monday 22 August with diversions in place for road users and pedestrians, while work on the level crossing takes place.
Barnsley FC fans travelling to matches during the engineering work are encouraged to plan ahead and allow extra time for their journey.
- Barnsley v Huddersfield, 20 August: Rail replacement bus services will operate between Barnsley and Penistone and Barnsley and Wakefield.
- Barnsley v Rotherham, 27 August: Rail replacement bus services will operate between Meadowhall and Barnsley.
Information about service changes and replacement buses will be:
- Online at nationalrail.co.uk/ and travelsouthyorkshire.com
- On posters at train stations, including directions to replacement bus stops
- On Customer Information Screens and Passenger Displays
- On Twitter @TSYalerts and via train operator social media accounts
- Available via Traveline on 01709 51 51 51
Extra staff will be on hand to assist customers at train stations and Interchanges during engineering work.
Thank you for your continued support and we hope this doesn't cause too much inconvenience for Reds fans travelling to the games.