Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Reds v Crewe: Half Time

10 October 2015

Club News

Reds v Crewe: Half Time

10 October 2015

Reds 1 (Mawson 15)
Crewe 1 (Colclough 14)

Barnsley head in level at 1-1 at the break against bottom of the table Crewe Alexandra at Oakwell.

Ryan Colclough fired home a free kick 14 minutes in after Alfie Mawson had fouled the midfielder but made amends two minutes later, heading home Conor Hourihane’s corner.

The Reds started well with Conor Hourihane and Reece Wabara having early shots blocked two minutes in before Ben Pearson fired wide from the edge of the box.

On 10 minutes, Kadeem Harris sped away down the left, jinked inside but Ben Garratt saved his effort while Marley Watkins had a close range header clawed away by the visiting stopper.

Despite their early chances Crewe capitalised after 14 minutes. Alfie Mawson tripped Ryan Colclough on the edge of the box and the midfielder smashed the resulting free kick beyond Nick Townsend.

Mawson redeemed himself just two minutes later by hauling the Reds level. Hourihane sent in an inviting corner and the captain rose highest to head the Reds level.

Chris Atkinson received a caution for a rash challenge on Josh Scowen with 25 minutes played while Sam Winnall came close to scoring, nodding Harris’ delivery just over three minutes later.

After 36 minutes, Adam King sent a curling effort flashing past the post and Townsend was at his best to deny Bradden Inman putting Crewe back in the lead.

Reece Wabara pulled the final chance of the half wide as the Reds went in level at half time.

Half time


Reds: Townsend, Wabara, Smith, Nyatanga, Mawson, Pearson, Scowen, Hourihane, Harris, Watkins, Winnall.
Subs: Davies, Bree, M. Smith, Digby, Rothwell, Roberts, White.

Crewe: Garratt, Baillie, Nugent, Guthrie, Turton, Fox (c), Atkinson, King, Colclough, Inman, Dalla Valle 
Subs: Cooper, Saunders, Jones, Wintle, Ainley, Mullarkey, Nizic.

Referee: Mark Brown

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account