Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Orient v Reds Half Time Report

17 March 2015

Club News

Orient v Reds Half Time Report

17 March 2015

Leyton Orient 0
Barnsley 0

Lee Johnson restored Sam Winnall to the starting line up for the match against Leyton Orient as the Reds aimed to make it seven wins on the spin.

The Barnsley head coach said this match would be the toughest so far in the Reds run of six wins and so it proved to be in the opening 45 minutes although Orient were unable to take any chances.
Jobi McAnuff was the first player to get a shot away on four minutes after Dagnall's ball in was miskicked by Hourihane but the Orient player skied his shot high over.

Orient were in search of an early breakthrough and were playing with plenty of confidence spreading the ball around the pitch, but for all their position they were unable to break the Barnsley defence in the opening ten minutes.

Darius Henderson was nearly the beneficiary of some route one football as the ball was delivered over the defence but the forward could not control the ball and it bounced off him for Davies to claim.

Thirty seconds later another ball into the Barnsley box was cleared by Nyatanga with the ball looping over his own goal. From the corner the Reds were able to clear.

In the opening 15 minutes Barnsley's opportunities were sparse as Leyton Orient enjoyed more of the possession.

Leyton Orient nearly had the lead on 24 minutes when a good ball into Henderson headed a great ball for Dagnall but his header went over the goals with Adam Davies scrambling to get across his goal.

Orient had a glorious chance on 35 minutes when a good ball to Jobi McAnuff had him one on one with Adam Davies in space but the Barnsley shot stopper made a tremendous save to deny him.

Henderson and Dagnall were asking plenty of questions of the Barnsley back line but try as they might the Reds were able to keep coming up with the right answers in the opening 45 minutes.

Two corners for Orient in injury time were not enough for them to break the deadlock as the half finished 0-0.


Leyton Orient: Cisak, Cuthbert, McAnuff, Clarke (C), Wright, Pritchard, Dagnall, Henderson, O'Neill, Dossena, Hedges

Subs: Omozusi, Sawyer, Cox, Simpson, Mooney, Lowry, Woods

Barnsley: Davies, Holgate, Cranie (C), Nyatanga, John, Pearson, Hourihane, Scowen, O'Sullivan, Winnall, Waring

Subs: Dibble, Smith, Berry, Ibehre, Hemmings, Bailey, Lalkovic

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account