An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time, highly motivated and enthusiastic performance analyst graduate to work at Barnsley F.C. Academy. The role will included the filming, coding and data analysis of U21 and U18 games providing reports and statistics to the appropriate coaching and support staff. Additionally, you will be required to engage with other P.A. interns in regard to the support delivered to the remaining age groups throughout the clubs Academy (U9-U21).
Alex Bailey (Head of Performance Analysis)
Paul Bower (Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine)
Ronnie Branson (Academy Manager)
Purpose of the role
• To contribute to all performance analysis support throughout the Category-2 Academy.
• Strive for excellence within the department.
• Provide first class support to all players at the club (schoolboy and full-time).
• Provide support and assistance to the coaches and medical staff.
• To develop hard and soft skills associated with a performance analyst role.
• To provide match analysis for all full time age groups.
• Provide performance analysis support within the Academy in line with EPPP requirements.
• Filming for training and matches.
• Provide live coding and analysis when required.
• Provide detailed feedback to coaches and players in line with the performance pathway philosophy.
• Process pre-match analysis on the opposition.
• Collaborate with staff on the monitoring of individual player stats in line with the philosophy guidelines.
• Engage in team discussions/meetings on developing future analytical approaches to improve development of the player and coach.
• Enthusiasm to develop and learn from experienced staff.
• A positive attitude and ability to use contemporary software packages such as Gamebreaker+, Prozone, WY Scout, iMovie, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SPSS etc.
• Clear and effective communication skills.
• Ensure confidentiality at all times.
• Open minded with a view to undertaking different challenges associated with the role of being a performance analyst within an elite environment.
• Highly motivated to work within professional sport.
It is desirable to have previous evidence of performance analysis support within an elite environment. Candidates from all sports will be considered for this role.
To have attained a Performance Analysis and/or Coaching/Sport Science degree (2:1 and above) or equivalent in relation to the role.
To be discussed at interview.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 10pm on 31 December 2014 highlighting your previous experiences and why you may be suitable for this role.
Interviews are to be held on week commencing 5 January 2015.