An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time, highly motivated and enthusiastic coach to join Barnsley F.C. Academy. The role will include the organisation and management of individual and team development in the Professional Development Phase (U18’s). The successful candidate will, with the Lead PDP Coach, be responsible for implementing the Coaching Philosophy, visions & values of the Academy and the Club as a whole.
Ronnie Branson (Academy Manager)
Mark Burton (Head of Academy Coaching)
Chris Howarth (Lead PDP Coach)
Purpose of the role
The coach will manage the transition from schoolboy to scholar and will support the further transition into the U21 squad as well as being responsible for the coaching and games programme. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide visible support and mentoring to all players and to be fully responsible for the safety and welfare of all players.
• To create and evaluate all coaching sessions, build all relevant match information and ensure that all information is recorded fully within agreed timescales on the club’s performance management application, then using this information to aid the informing of decisions surrounding individual player development and progression.
• To prepare, manage & conduct group, unit and individual analysis sessions with the U18 players, then linking to specific individual and weekly team learning objectives.
• To take responsibility for all resources associated with training sessions and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards (Training & Playing kit; bibs, balls, cones and all other equipment).
• To actively lead all U18 players when planning and arranging coaching sessions and matches to ensure that the appropriate support is in place and that the timetable fits with all other Academy activities.
• Enthusiastic & hard working.
• Enjoys interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis.
• Proactive “can do” approach to work.
• Self-motivated and able to initiate routine and non-routine work as necessary.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively manage player, parent & staff relationships.
• Computer literate with excellent abilities on Word, Excel and ideally Database knowledge and application.
A minimum of one years’ experience preferably in a professional football club environment working with youth players. Knowledge of FA, PL & FL regulations in regard to youth football/academies.
• Must hold UEFA A licence.
• Must hold or be working towards FA Modules 1, 2 & 3 and the FA Youth Advanced Award.
• FA Emergency Aid .
• Safeguarding Children Certificate.
• Hold an enhanced CRB/DBS certificate.
• Must hold a full driving licence and the use of a vehicle.
To be discussed at interview.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 30th January 2015 highlighting your previous experiences and why you may be suitable for this role.
Interviews are to be held week commencing Monday 9th February 2015.