Barnsley Football Club is a well established professional football club with recent success of developing young footballing talent. The Club is keen to build on this success and looking forward to a further period of continued and sustainable success.
The Club seeks to recruit a Part-Time Lead Goalkeeper Coach Consultant, who would be based at Oakwell Training Complex. The role will involve some evening work and Saturday and/or Sunday morning’s with the Academy games programmes.
Reporting to the Academy Manager, the successful candidate will work in conjunction with the First Team Goalkeeper coach to oversee and be responsible for the development of U18’s Goalkeepers and will be specifically responsible for the U9’s to U16’s coaching programme including covering day release daytime sessions.
The role may also involve regular player scouting assignments.
Candidates may be required to demonstrate their practical skills as part of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be self-disciplined and possess good organisational skills as well as excellent inter-personal and communication skills. The successful candidate needs to be able to motivate as well as provide clear and concise feedback.
A competitive retainer and contract will be dependent on experience & qualifications.
To apply for this position please send a CV & covering letter for the attention of Ronnie Branson, Academy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Barnsley FC Academy, Oakwell Stadium, Grove Street, Barnsley, S71 1ET.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, 12th August 2013.
TITLE - LEAD ACADEMY GOALKEEPING COACH (PART TIME)
REPORT TO - ACADEMY MANAGER / HEAD OF COACHING
RESPONSIBLE FOR - THE COACHING PROGRAMME FOR ALL ACADEMY GOALKEEPERS IN FONDATION, YOUTH DEVELOPMENT & PRO DEVELOPMENT PHASES
PLACE OF WORK - OAKWELL STADIUM, BARNSLEY, SOUTH YORKSHIRE S71 1ET
HOURS OF WORK - TUESDAY DAY RELEASE PROGRAMME PLUS EVENING SESSIONS ON WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY AS WELL AS SATURDAY OR SUNDAY MORNING GAMES PROGRAMME. TOTAL OF 17 HOURS.
• Development of goalkeepers from U9-U18.
• Monitoring of goalkeepers performance during games and training.
• Liaise closely with Academy Team Coaches throughout the age groups regarding training, games and progress.
• Ensure goalkeepers spend sufficient time coached with outfield players.
• Session planning within the goalkeeping development programme.
• Devise individual development plans and schemes based on analysis of performance.
• Play an active role in recruitment and retention of junior goalkeepers.
• Produce detailed player reports.
• Attend at least five hours of FA in-service training per year.
• Attend FA Academy coaches’ first aid training at least once every three years.
• To undertake CPD organised by the Club.
• To attend & support goalkeepers at all U18 fixtures (Saturdays)
• The successful candidate will hold a UEFA B Licence (outfield qualification).
• UEFA B Licence (Goalkeeping specific).
• Age appropriate FA Certification.
Ideally will have experience with coaching these age groups at Academy Level.