CLUB REACH & MEDIA STATISTICS
Footfall figures at Oakwell total in excess of 350,000 loyal, passionate matchday supporters. In additional to those figures, events hosted at the Stadium attract daily business activity, community based projects, and educational platforms that demonstrate an affluent and vibrant sports stadium generating a footfall of over one million people per annum.
Millions of people across the country watch the Sky Bet Championship on television with an average viewing figure of 750,000 people per live match rising to a peak viewing figure of just over 1.200,000.
Barnsley Football Club offers a strong, local, regional and ever-increasing national audience to partners and advertisers. Combined with a passion for delivering value tailored to your needs, we offer increasingly high exposure levels at a very reasonable price to suit all budgets.
Club national reach and media statistics
- Annual matchday footfall 350k
- Oakwell Stadium annual footfall 1.1m
- Channel 5's weekly Championship highlights programme average viewing figure 1.3m
- Sky Sports weekly Soccer AM programme average viewing figure 300k
- Sky Sports Goals on Sunday programme average viewing figure 180k
Club local / regional reach and media statistics
- Weekly features in the Barnsley Chronicle (weekly sales of 35k)
- Official Club Twitter account 80,000+ followers
- Official Club Facebook followers 100,000+ likes
- Official Club web site monthly unique visitors 100k+
- YouTube Channel Views 6 Million+
- Weekly official email newsletter verified email addresses 40k
- Matchday programme annual sales 70k
- Extended reach of community projects per annum 200k
Since 2015 the social media gains achieved by Barnsley Football Club have been recognised nationally, in particular last season alone the Club ranked 5th nationally among the 92 Football League Clubs for social media engagement.
Twitter followers last year increased by 65%!
The official matchday programme sold out on numerous occasions, with two copies being recorded as the best selling editions in the history of the Club.
With new platforms brought into effect by the EFL to kick off the new season, the Media Team at Oakwell are finding new and innovative ways of engaging and interacting with the fanbase and greater football world whilst simultaneously helping our Club sponsors and partners to reach their target audience.
2017/18 is an exciting campaign for Barnsley Football Club.
Get on board!