CLUB REACH & MEDIA STATISTICS
Footfall figures at Oakwell total in excess of 360,000 loyal, passionate matchday supporters. In addition to those figures, events hosted at the stadium attract daily business activity, community-based projects, and educational platforms that demonstrate an affluent and vibrant sports arena generating a footfall of over one million people per annum.
Millions of people across the country watch the Sky Bet Football League on television with an average viewing figure of 800,000 people per live match rising to a peak viewing figure of well over 1,000,000.
Barnsley Football Club offers a strong, local, regional and ever-increasing national audience to partners and advertisers. Combined with a passion for delivering value tailored to your needs, we offer increasingly high exposure levels at a very reasonable price to suit all budgets.
Club national reach and media statistics
- Annual matchday footfall 360k
- Oakwell Stadium annual footfall 1.1m
- Free-to-air TV weekly highlights programme average viewing figure 650k
- Sky Sports weekly Soccer AM programme average viewing figure 270k
- Sky Sports Goals on Sunday programme average viewing figure 200k
Club local / regional reach and media statistics
- Weekly features in the Barnsley Chronicle (weekly sales of 35k)
- Official Club Twitter account 156,000+ followers
- Official Club Facebook followers 130,000+ followers
- Official Club website monthly unique visitors 150k+
- YouTube Channel Views 8 Million+, with 16,000+ subscribers
- Weekly official email newsletter verified email addresses 49k
- Matchday programme annual sales 27k
- Extended reach of community projects per annum 200k
Since 2015, the social media gains achieved by Barnsley Football Club have been recognised across the industry, in particular, during the 2016/17 season alone the Club ranked 5th nationally among the 92 Football League Clubs for social media engagement (via Fanalyse).
Twitter followers thru 2016 increased by 67%!
From 2016 (54,000 followers) to 2021 (156,000) the social media audience has doubled at a rate of more than 25% per annum.
The official matchday programme sells out regularly, with editions in recent seasons being recorded as some of the best-selling issues in the history of the Club.
With new platforms regularly coming into effect, and ever-increasing technology to hand, the Media Team at Oakwell are finding new and innovative ways of engaging and interacting with the fanbase and greater football world whilst simultaneously helping our Club sponsors and partners to reach their target audience.
These are exciting times for Barnsley Football Club.
Get on board!