Barnsley Football Club is an equal opportunities employer, and a provider of training, which is committed to the development and use of employment procedures and practices which do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, ex-offender background, sexual orientation, marital status, social, cultural or linguistic background.
Barnsley Football Club is committed to making full use of the expertise and resources of its employees and to ensuring that all participants are guaranteed the same opportunity.
Barnsley FC Street Team
The Reds are introducing a new ‘Street Team’, who will be present at each Oakwell home game to enhance the experience of both home and visiting supporters, as well as helping with community-orientated events and entertainment.
This opportunity is perfectly suited for students currently in education at either college or university searching for work experience within a professional sports organisation.
Members of the ‘Street Team’ will ideally be confident and outgoing, not shying away from interacting with the Barnsley FC community. An understanding of Barnsley FC and football isn’t necessarily required, but would be advantageous. The successful candidates will also be enthusiastic, motivated individuals with good communication skills.
What would you be doing?
Due to the nature of this role, the expectations and tasks may vary depending on the event. However, on the whole the individual will be expected to.
- To assist with the planning and implementation of match-day activations in the Family Stand and in other areas of Oakwell.
- To execute all half-time entertainment at Oakwell.
- To be ‘the face’ of Barnsley FC. Answering questions, directing to local amenities and ensuring all fans have a positive experience.
- To be proactive, adaptable and assist on the wider strategy of long-term marketing plans.
- To conduct market research as and when required.
Volunteers will be given their own Barnsley FC uniform along with match tickets to watch the game following the completion of their duties.
All applications must be made by way of a cover letter and CV sent either by email to Marketing@barnsleyfc.co.uk or post c/o Andrew Clark, Marketing, Barnsley Football Club, Oakwell Stadium, Grove Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 1ET.
Barnsley FC Ladies
Barnsley FC Ladies are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with excellent written, new media and interpersonal skills to help the club provide content across all of its digital and non-digital platforms.
This is a voluntary role ideal for a university student or someone looking to gain experience and insight into the world of women’s football and work with an exciting, fast-paced, growing club.
Applicants will need to be prepared to respond to the demands of an industry that requires flexibility and dedication in exchange for a unique and rewarding experience that will also allow you to develop, grow and widen your own professional skills and networks.
- Producing written and visual content across all of Barnsley Women’s Football Club’s digital communications channels
- Lead on all of Barnsley Women’s Football Club’s video output including Manager/Player interviews
- Produce written content for Barnsley Women’s Football Club matchday programmes
- Liaise and develop relationships with regional and national members of the media
- Assist in arranging and actioning any media conferences around fixtures and other events
- Attend Barnsley Women’s Football Club league and cup fixtures to generate online content for website and social media platforms
- Liaise with Local Press for all post-match content
- Monitoring and quantifying online performance to report to senior level
- Update existing Barnsley Women’s Football Club’s social media channels, respond to interaction on these platforms, and develop new social media channels
- Other tasks as required
• BA degree (or studying for) in a relevant field such as Communications or Journalism
• Strong written, audio/visual and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience with video-editing software
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be Friday 21st September.