Barnsley Football Club is an equal opportunities employer, and a provider of training, which is committed to the development and use of employment procedures and practices which do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, ex-offender background, sexual orientation, marital status, social, cultural or linguistic background.
Barnsley Football Club is committed to making full use of the expertise and resources of its employees and to ensuring that all participants are guaranteed the same opportunity.
Barnsley FC Street Team
The Reds are introducing a new ‘Street Team’, who will be present at each Oakwell home game to enhance the experience of both home and visiting supporters, as well as helping with community-orientated events and entertainment.
This opportunity is perfectly suited for students currently in education at either college or university searching for work experience within a professional sports organisation.
Members of the ‘Street Team’ will ideally be confident and outgoing, not shying away from interacting with the Barnsley FC community. An understanding of Barnsley FC and football isn’t necessarily required, but would be advantageous. The successful candidates will also be enthusiastic, motivated individuals with good communication skills.
What would you be doing?
Due to the nature of this role, the expectations and tasks may vary depending on the event. However, on the whole the individual will be expected to.
- To assist with the planning and implementation of match-day activations in the Family Stand and in other areas of Oakwell.
- To execute all half-time entertainment at Oakwell.
- To be ‘the face’ of Barnsley FC. Answering questions, directing to local amenities and ensuring all fans have a positive experience.
- To be proactive, adaptable and assist on the wider strategy of long-term marketing plans.
- To conduct market research as and when required.
Volunteers will be given their own Barnsley FC uniform along with match tickets to watch the game following the completion of their duties.
All applications must be made by way of a cover letter and CV sent either by email to Marketing@barnsleyfc.co.uk or post c/o Andrew Clark, Marketing, Barnsley Football Club, Oakwell Stadium, Grove Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 1ET.
Barnsley Football Club are currently looking to hire a Matchday Retail Assistant in the Reds Superstore.
Working hours include all Sky Bet Championship, Emirates FA Cup, Carabao Cup, and friendly fixtures.
In this role, you will support the Superstore in the sale of all retail products and matchday ticket requirements.
The role will include/require:
- Greeting supporters who enter the store, assisting visitors to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Supporting the Box Office with the sale of tickets, season tickets, memberships.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Responsibility for processing cash and card payments.
- Maintaining stock levels are adequate for trading day/week.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy store including display areas.
- Being aware of shop security looking out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Keeping up to date with Club promotions.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast paced and busy environment.
- A genuine passion for working with people.
- A strong empathy for the Club and its fans.
- Please only apply if you can work weekends and matchdays.
All applications must be made by way of a cover letter and CV sent by email to Jean.Hall@barnsleyfc.co.uk.