Barnsley FC Street Team
The Reds are introducing a new ‘Street Team’, who will be present at each Oakwell home game to enhance the experience of both home and visiting supporters, as well as helping with community-orientated events and entertainment.
This opportunity is perfectly suited for students currently in education at either college or university searching for work experience within a professional sports organisation.
Members of the ‘Street Team’ will ideally be confident and outgoing, not shying away from interacting with the Barnsley FC community. An understanding of Barnsley FC and football isn’t necessarily required, but would be advantageous. The successful candidates will also be enthusiastic, motivated individuals with good communication skills.
What would you be doing?
Due to the nature of this role, the expectations and tasks may vary depending on the event. However, on the whole the individual will be expected to.
- To assist with the planning and implementation of match-day activations in the Family Stand and in other areas of Oakwell.
- To execute all half-time entertainment at Oakwell.
- To be ‘the face’ of Barnsley FC. Answering questions, directing to local amenities and ensuring all fans have a positive experience.
- To be proactive, adaptable and assist on the wider strategy of long-term marketing plans.
- To conduct market research as and when required.
Volunteers will be given their own Barnsley FC uniform along with match tickets to watch the game following the completion of their duties.
All applications must be made by way of a cover letter and CV sent either by email to Marketing@barnsleyfc.co.uk or post c/o Andrew Clark, Marketing, Barnsley Football Club, Oakwell Stadium, Grove Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 1ET.